8.27.2008

It's all coming together...


The only complaint I have ever heard about Cronometro is that they're kind of expensive, so I was expecting to drop some cash today when I went to pick up my wheels. But hey, you get what you pay for. And at this point, what choice do I have?

I talked to their mechanic for a while and he explained how the spoke tensions were way off and that he fixed the tension and used some spoke freeze and that I should give him a call if I have any more problems before IM. I thanked him for getting them done so quickly, then I grabbed some body glide and a Cronometro water bottle. The total bill was less than $50. I couldn't believe it. I thought I was gonna drop over $100. It's all perspective, I guess...it also helps that I only got charged for one wheel since the rear wheel was good to go.

So I'm feeling better about my wheels now. I still need to test them, but I feel good about it.

Today I went for a 7.3 mile run at lunch and I felt really, really good. Tapers are kind of fun. My new shoes (yes, new shoes less than 2 weeks before IM) were awesome. I got the Saucony Rides - the same shoe as my other Sauconys except these don't have any support. My knees felt good, although my IT band is still a bit tight but it didn't bother me at all. I think it will be good.

When I got back from my run, there was a package on my desk. Cappie from Cannondale hooked me up with a new rear bottle cage holder. It's all coming together. My wheels, my shoes, my bottle cages....

Then I did it...finally....it was bound to happen. It was only a matter of time, and the suspense was killing me. I stepped on the mousetrap under my desk. I was wearing sandals today, but it missed my toes so it's all good. Scared the crap out of me though.

After work I swam in Lake Monona with Swimfast and we got in a pretty good workout. We cut it short time wise, but stepped up the intensity. If you're wondering - like all of us were - no they have not found the body yet. Most likely, it will surface during IM. Most likely, I will swim face first into it.

Tonight I have my last swim lesson with Mark. I'm not sure what we'll work on, I never am, but I'm sure we'll talk IM strategy for a while.

Tomorrow: Easy one hour bike - easy 4 mile run.

They assign numbers Friday so I'll know my number so I can do my spectator guide.

1 comment:

bigmike600 said...

Glad you are feeling better and that things are falling into place. I can't believe it is only a little more than a week away.