1.02.2008

The Dow Jones of Healing


I had physical therapy this morning, and I told my doc that my knee was feeling really good for a few days and now suddenly the past two days it's hurting again. I told him that's been the pattern lately. A few good days followed by a few bad days. He said that's typical. They call it the Dow Jones of healing.

Even though I'm making some progress, I'm also becoming convinced that this thing is never going to heal and I'm getting very frustrated and impatient with it. Injuries suck. That's all there is to it.

I went for a run at lunch today and it was only 11 degrees. That's not ideal running conditions, but oddly enough I had my best run since I started running again. Go figure.

It's supposed to warm up this weekend. They're forecasting mid to upper 40s and rain. I can't wait to see some of this snow disappear.

No comments: