3.17.2010

Lance Tweetstrong

I signed up for a Twitter account, mainly so I can follow some people, including Lance.  I've yet to tweet, and I'm not sure I'm going to.  We'll see.

Following Lance is kind of fun, but that guy tweets way too much.  It's over-whelming.  And I'm pretty sure they're not all him.  I think he's got a PR person doing some tweeting and I find it annoying.  I may have to stop following him because of it.  I can barely find Conan's tweets in the middle of all of Lance's.

Anyway, Lance announced a while ago that he's going to do the Kona Ironman in 2011 and that - of course - has sparked the debates.  Can Lance win? Will he even make the top 10?  Will he even win the bike?

I don't know the answers, but I do know it's going to be interesting.  I'm not a big Lance fan, but I wouldn't be too quick to write him off.  Winning will be a stretch and require a very good day and perhaps even a little bit of luck. But I think he's going to be competitive and surprise a few people.  A lot of it depends on how serious he takes it.

For those who think he doesn't stand a chance, don't forget he started out as a triathlete (and a very good one).  Here's a video of Lance from his tri days.  It's Lance at the age of 18 battling the top triathletes in the country.  The quality isn't great, but it's pretty interesting.

Clearly, he's very fast and knows the importance of hydration:





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.