2.20.2010

How To Wear A Helmet And Not Get Mooned

The Luge.  I've been watching, mainly because I'm addicted to the Olympics, but it's not my favorite sport.  I can't tell the difference between one run and the next.  The only way I know if it was a good run is by the time they post after the run is over.  But my biggest problem with the luge is the helmets.  I don't know what it is exactly, but they drive me crazy.  Every time I see a shot of the helmet, I think of that picture of the cat wearing the watermelon helmet.


 




 


 


Looks the same to me.  

Then there's speed skating.  Now that's a sport I enjoy, but again the helmets drive me crazy.  They look like old bicycle helmets.




 


That picture's a little dated, but still good advice since a lot of people don't know how to properly wear a helmet.

 

Right.


 

Wrong.




Right.


  
Wrong.


 

Right.


 

Wrong.


  Right.


 

Wrong.

 
Don't beat yourself up if you get wrong and make a mistake.  Even Lance screws up from time to time.



Wrong.


 

Wrong.


Lance's explanation for no helmet is a little weak.




But there's a price to pay for screwing up: you get mooned.


  

That's a chick.


 
All you have to do is wear your helmet - wear it the right way - and you'll never get mooned. Guaranteed.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Mike? Hope you don't mind but the picture of you in the watermelon helmet is going on my fridge! With your name under it in big letters! "Here's a pic of Courtney's guy, Mike. He's an ironman competitor."

too funny!

LRZ

Mike said...

I don't mind.