12.26.2007

Tis the season



Six parties in four days. New world record. Saw the families, hung out with friends, lost another poker game to Cheri. It was fun, but I'm glad it's over.

I even snuck in a few workouts over the holidays. The only one worth mentioning is my run on Sunday, because it was pretty brutal. It rained on Saturday and then the temperature dropped...a lot. It was only about 15 degrees Sunday with wind gusts up to 50 mph. Had I known it was going to be so cold, I would've brought warmer clothes. Running 3.5 miles on a sheet of ice in strong winds isn't my idea of a good time, but I'm dumb enough to do it. Some of the looks I got from people driving by made the suffering worth it. Priceless.

After the run I had to hurry over to the Cheri's promotion/Packer/Omelet party. Sure enough, every time you're in a hurry something stands in your way. This time it was ice. My car was one big chunk of ice and I couldn't get my doors open. I found a bag of salt in the garage and dumped that on my car, which worked but now I have salt in my car I need to clean out. Then I had to let my car warm up for about 20 minutes before I could get the ice scraped off. I missed most of the first quarter, but I didn't miss the omelets. Good thing too because Johnny makes some killer omelets. Johnny signed up for Ironman WI too so maybe we'll have to throw some training/omelet parties next summer.

Today I went to SBR Coaching to ride the computrainer (no work today). They're pretty fun - as far as trainers go - and they're more realistic so the time passes much faster. I plan on going in every now and then to mix things up a bit. Plus it's easier to push harder when you're paying for trainer time and other people are there watching and all of your stats are projected on the wall. It gives you a little extra motivation. You can upload courses from a gps so I might have to do the gun show there someday or maybe the Janesville triathlon course. That could be fun.

Right now Cheri is napping on the couch so as soon as she wakes up we're off to the pool. Then we're going to make a nice, healthy dinner and then go watch Juno or Charlie Wilson's War. We haven't decided yet.

I hope everyone enjoyed the holidays.


Today's Ride:
Computrainer Course: Diamond in the Rough Triathlon
Distance: 27.79 miles
Time: 1:16:53
Ave Speed: 21.69 mph
Max Speed: 34.69 mph
Ave Watts: 230
Max Watts: 400
Ave HR: 155 bpm
Max HR: 172 bpm
Ave Cadence: 85 rpm
Work: 1062 kJ


3 comments:

abby said...

did you see juno? i'd see juno

Mike said...

No. We saw Charlie Wilson's War and it was great. We'll see Juno this weekend.

Toby said...

well, i suppose, julia roberts is pretty cool and it's a very of-the-time sort of movie.


-abby