12.31.2010

A New Season


It's the end of another year.  Or better yet, the beginning of a new one.  

In retrospect, 2010 was a decent year.  It started a little rough since I was still in need of a job because I turned down the Connecticut offer.  But I found a new job before my old one ended so that worked out really well.  And, believe it or not, I think I prefer not working in the bike industry.  It can be a fun industry to work in, but it has its flaws.  Mainly, I like having cycling being nothing but a hobby.  I find that helps keep it fun.

I also had a good tri season.  I improved again, met some goals, got my Kona slot and, most importantly, I learned a lot and figured out a few key things late in the season that I'm anxious to apply to my 2011 training.

Lately, I've been busy putting together my 2011 training plan.  It's coming together nicely, and I'm putting a lot more thought into it this year than I have in previous years.  I've also been doing a lot of reading about training methods to make sure I'm on the right track and that I'm focusing on the right things.  I'm hoping to put together a few good blog posts (hopefully they're good) about some of the things I've learned.  

I still have two weeks before my plan officially begins so I have some work to do to wrap up my planning and get everything in place (yes, I have a spreadsheet).  I'm finishing up my fall run focus (which was based on Lydiard's methods).  I made some good improvements focusing on running, but most importantly I learned a lot and those things will carry over into my new training plan.  

I'm really looking forward to starting my new training plan.  I love the process of developing and tracking fitness and creating training plans.  It may be odd, but I love the patience and discipline it takes to develop good aerobic fitness.  So a new year brings the opportunity to wipe the slate clean and begin again.

No comments: