2.19.2008

Dealer Expo


I just returned from a trade show in Indianapolis. It was a very long weekend, but I'm back and ready for things to get back to normal. I hate trade shows so I was pretty eager to get this over with.

I tried to stick with my training schedule, which isn't easy when working a trade show. I found a pool near my hotel, which I thought was going to be really nice. It's the Indiana University Natatorium, which has several pools and has a 50 meter competition pool where 11 world records have been set. It turns out they put a temporary wall in the competition pool and break it up into 2 25 yard pools, which is kind of nice because it opens up a lot of lap lanes and I had a lane to myself the whole time. But the pool was old and kind of nasty. Not what I expected.

Then I ran around the river, which was nice because they don't really have any snow down there so I was running on concrete for a change. I forgot how much easier it is to run when you're not slipping the whole time. I'm not looking forward to running in the snow again.

Apparently, I missed a nasty ice storm, but I didn't miss the frigid temps. I got home just in time for yet another cold front to come through (blame Canada) and drop the temps into the single digits. This is getting really old. I've had enough winter for one year. It's time for spring.

The Tour of California started Sunday, and I'm hoping Levi pulls through with another victory especially since it looks like he may not be allowed to ride the Tour de France.

Let Levi Ride.

No comments: