8.04.2011

Two Workouts

I thought I'd share my last two workouts, one of them being one of my favorite swim workouts.  It originally came from Hillary Biscay's blog.  A friend of mine modified it because the original version is 10,000 yards so he chopped it down.  It's a good mix of distance and hard intervals.  

1000 warm up
500 pull/paddles
5x100 on 1:30
400 pull/paddles
4x100 on 1:35
300 pull/paddles
3x100 on 1:40
200 pull/paddles
2x100 on 1:45
200 cool down




The other workout is one I came up with, and did last night at Governor Nelson State Park.  It involved taking the trainer to the beach, which was a little weird but kind of cool.  


I did an 8-10 minute swim (hard), then got on the trainer and did 12.5 minutes just below threshold, then ran 3/4 of a mile between 5K and 10K pace.  Four times through with 5-10 minutes rest between sets.  


It was a great workout - tough but fun.  The best part was that I was really consistent on every rep.  I started the bike each time with a 2.5 minute "warm up" starting at around ironman pace working my way up to tempo and then sub-threshold by the 2.5 minute mark.  Then I held my power just below threshold for 10 minutes.  For the final 10 minutes my power only varied by 3 watts on all 4 reps.  I ran hard and kept my pace within 10 seconds per mile on every rep.  


It was very different compared to my typical workouts, which is what made it so fun.  It's fun to mix things up from time to time, and it felt a little like a track workout and I love doing track workouts.  It was also a great way to work on getting used to transitioning from sport to sport and dealing with starting each discipline with your heart rate already spiked. 

1 comment:

online pharmacy said...

Amazing... i like to run, but just for health you know not because i want to be the best or something... but well thanks for share the rutine.