5.18.2010

How I'm Going To Win The Lake Mills Swim By 4 Minutes




I've got the Lake Mills sprint triathlon coming up in a few weeks, and I just stumbled upon a great new swim strategy:  running on water.

The swim is a 1/4 mile.  I'm not sure how fast I can run a quarter mile, but I know I can easily run it in 1:30 so I figure I'll just shoot for that.  In order to get up enough speed and run in an arc like they suggest I'll have to start in the back and let the whole field go first and then I'll just run past all of them.

I checked out some past results and the overall winners typically do the swim in the 5:30 - 6:00 range so if I can 'run' the swim in 1:30 I should have a good, solid 4 minute lead coming out of the water.  Can't complain about that.


The bike is my strength so I figure I can hang onto at least half of that lead which gives me a 2 minute lead starting the run.  There will be some very fast runners there, but 2 minutes is a lot of time to make up on a 5K run so this new strategy could really work out for me. 

No comments: