6.18.2009

No Name has a name...

...and that name is Ceviche...or, to me, food poisoning.

Let me back up to the beginning of the trip to Park City, Utah....

Park City is very cool. Unfortunately, Park City wasn't good to me.
The weekend began with a few long work days. We were there for our annual sales meeting, and we had about 450 bikes coming we needed to unload. Our trucks arrived late on Saturday, just in time for our hired help to leave so we had to unload by ourselves. Long day. Probably 11 hours.

Sunday we had to move and sort bikes, and when that was done I had a spreadsheet I needed to get done by Monday so I worked on that in the evening...another long workday.

Monday was better, not so much work. I went to dinner with my boss at No Na
me Saloon and that's when things got really ugly. We ordered Ceviche as an appetizer. It was good, but I will never eat it again.

Ceviche has both shellfish and finfish, and the finfish is typically raw. I think I remember the chunk of fish that made me sick.

What followed was possibly the worst 24 hours of my life. It was rough. That was Tuesday. Wednesday was better, but not much, and I had to fly home on a flight that had 3 screaming kids. Today is Thursday, and I'm finally eating again. I've lost 10 pounds.

Before I got sick I got to do some running and got out for one ride. It was all tough since Park City is at 7,000 feet. Altitude is a killer, much like food poisoning.


But I'm home now and starting to feel better.




I never did find out why there are shoes in this tree..

1 comment:

bigmike600 said...

Wow Mike glad you are doing better. Sounds like you got a lot of work done while you were there. I have never been to a high altitude state. I love air too much.