5.11.2009

The missing link


What a crappy way to start the week....

On my ride to work this morning, I stood up to sprint across Raymond Ave to catch a co-worker and the next thing I knew I was laying in the middle of the road trying to figure out what happened. I remembered my foot hitting the ground, so I thought I broke a pedal. Maybe a cleat. Possibly the crank, but that didn't seem likely.

As I picked myself up and got out of the way of traffic, I noticed my chain had snapped. What kills me is that I knew I needed a new chain and I almost ordered one last Thursday so I would've had it Friday. But I put it off.

As I walked my bike the rest of the way to work, a cyclist slowed down to say, "that sucks."

Yep.


1 comment:

bigmike600 said...

You just convinced me to get a new chain for my Trek. I just said to my wife last weekend that I want to get a new chain for it because it has 2 years worth of miles on it.

Glad you didn't get hurt. That could have been REALLY bad.

See you Saturday.