11.01.2009

Disney World



The funny thing about Gatorland is that I wasn't freaked out by the gators. For those unaware, I'm afraid of birds and there were a lot more birds there than I expected. But I managed to keep enough distance between me and the rabid birds to make my way to the gator wrasslin.




HOW TO BE A POPULAR UNCLE 101.

When at Disney World, start here....





...and load the kids up with ice cream. Then....




...hook the girls up with backstage passes at Beauty and the Beast (connections). Then....





...you take your nephew on lots of rides. And finish off the day by treating the kids to dinner....





That's all there is to it. Piece of cookie.


We were planning on eating dinner at Epcot, but that's a challenge. I asked the kids what they wanted to eat. "Pizza." "Waffles." Okay...."find Italy." I figured pizza was our best bet. I was tired of pizza, but when in Italy....

When we finally found it, my dad charged right up there and bought this tiny thing for $5....




The look on his face was priceless.

"Who wants cookies for dinner?" "ME!!!!" Problem solved. The cookies were actually quite a bit bigger than the pizza.

So we sat on the stone wall and ate our cookies. Katie sat next to me. She crossed her legs and ate her cookie as though she was doing something sophisticated. Then she said, "This is nice. Perhaps we should do this again tomorrow." I said, "Perhaps we will." What I didn't realize was that this statement, to a 9 year-old girl, was a promise. The next day she told everyone Uncle Mike promised to buy her another cookie, so I had to pony up for more cookies for the kids.

Here's a picture of Abby ready for Disney Day 2. You see a little girl. I see a coiled spring.



Here's Katie on the bus. Katie is a 9 year-old adult and I wasn't sure if she was on her way to Disney World or the office.




A few more Disney pics...




















1 comment:

Jane said...

Great pics and superb vacation enjoyment you did man with the family... these great moments keeps the family always nourished with the fine and free happy thoughts..

These are again a piece of mind and happy way towards the overall fitness..

health and fitness articles