2.21.2011

Political Turmoil in Madison

I'm sure everyone is aware of what's going on in Madison right now, even if you don't live in Wisconsin.  I've debated whether or not I want to post about this for a few days now.  My father was a teacher, my sister is a teacher and my girlfriend works for the public health department.  Yes, I am biased, but at the same time I get to see first hand how this bill affects real people.   It amazes me how people are so quick to vilify public employees when in reality they know very little about what they actually do.

At this point, I have only one thing left to say:

My problem with politics is that it always turns into Democrats vs. Republicans and stubborn, heated debates where everyone (politicians included) is so concerned with proving their party is right and/or more powerful that they lose sight of the fact that there's a place in the middle, a compromise where everyone gives a little, wins a little and walks away satisfied.

Madison is a great place to live, but it doesn't feel like it today. 

1 comment:

Ruben (ruben@triumphtriathlon.com) said...

Hi Mike!

Nice blog you have here. FYI, I created a community of triathlete bloggers online called TriumphTriathlon.com. It's still in BETA phase right now but I'm trying to grow the community. You could also win free entry into the 140.6 of your choice! Please check out. Thanks for your help and keep up the good work on your blog!

Make it a great day,
Ruben